Dr. Seung Hee Choi, Finance Department Chair, was recently interviewed by WalletHub on housing markets. Dr. Choi addressed the five following questions in her interview:
- Is now a good time to buy a home? What economic indicators should potential buyers be watching?
- Are foreign buyers driving up the cost of U.S. real estate? Which cities are most affected?
- How likely is it that the Federal Reserve will increase interest rates in the coming months? How will this impact the housing market?
- Why are Millennials still sitting out of the housing market? What can be done to increase home ownership rates for this cohort?
- In evaluating the healthiest housing markets, what are the top five indicators?
Read her answers and the full article here.