The CFA Institute Research Challenge is a global competition that tests the equity research and valuation, investment report writing, and presentation skills of university students. This annual educational initiative promotes best practices in equity research among the next generation of analysts through hands-on mentoring and intensive training in company analysis and presentation skills. Learn more here.
- Who? All junior Finance majors and minors
- Why? Develop your resume/CV through hands-on mentoring and intensive training in company analysis and presentation skills.
- What? Students conduct in-depth analysis on a single company and produce a full equity research report. The winning team is chosen based on the thoroughness of its analysis and knowledge of the subject company.
- Friday October 18, CFA Institute Research Competition locally hosted by CFA Society New York: Kicks-Off, 11:00am – 4pm (tbc)
- Friday November 1 (tbc), Subject Company Presentation at CFA Society New York
- Thursday January 23, Deadline of 12:00 p.m. to submit Final Research Report as a PDF to Vanessa Ceballos & Mario Carias Friday
- January 31, Toastmasters: “How to Make a Killer Presentation”, at CFA Society New York
- Friday February 14, First-Round Presentations at CFA Society New York, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Team’s time slot TBA approximately 10 days prior
- Friday March 6, CFANY Final Five Competition
- April 20-21, Americas Regional of competition in New York, NY
- April 22, Global Final Competition in New York, NY
Want to apply?