All School of Business students are invited to earn a Microsoft Excel certification! Prior registration is required here. For questions related to registration please contact Ms. Horner at email@example.com.
The excel certification is being offered at two levels: Associate and Expert. The topical coverage of the Associate and Expert levels is described here.
During the 2020 Spring semester, we encourage all School of Business students to earn a Microsoft Excel certification. All students can take each test for free up to two times if the same (Associate or Expert) level is involved, and up to three times if a combination of Associate and Expert levels are involved.
Spring testing will take place on the following dates:
- Wednesday, 2/5/20, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Friday, 2/21/20, 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, 3/4/20,10:00-11:00am
- Friday, 4/17/20, 3:00-4:00pm
- Wednesday, 4/29/20, 11:00am-12:00pm
In order to better prepare to take the certification test, the School of Business is offering Excel workshops with finance Professor Pat Singkamanand.
- Failing to attend the workshop (after signing up) will prevent you from attending other free Excel workshops this academic year. There will be no exceptions.
- Bring your laptop to the workshop, if possible.
What does a workshop cover?
- The workshop will be based on projects and financial reporting schedule developments, with major focus on Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP.
- Excel Pivot Table: a step-by-step tutorial & examples.
- How to create a Pivot Table to analyze workshop data.
- How to create Table Array and use VLOOKUP to look up & analyze worksheet data.
- Index Match, Conditional Formatting, Text-to-Columns, Concatenate, and If Statement.
Pre-registration is required here:
Session 1 February 12, 2020, 12:00-3:00pm
Session 2 February 19, 2020, 12:00-3:00pm