The IST minor in Information Systems and Technology requires five course units in Information Systems consisting of four core courses and one elective course.
Prerequisite – Students must complete this course before they can enroll in any IST course:
- IST 201: Introduction to Data and Information (.5 course unit)
Core – Students will complete the following:
- IST 310: Business Information Systems Technology (one course unit)*
- IST 320: Database Management for Business (one course unit)*
- IST 350: Business Analytics for Decision Making (one course unit)
- IST 400: Seminar in Managing Technology (one course unit)
Options – Students will choose one course from the following:
- IST 330: Managing Projects and Work Teams (one course unit)
- IST 340: Web Design and Development (one course unit)
- STA 307: Data Mining and Predictive Modeling (one course unit, prerequisite: IST 350)
- Course substitutions for core IST courses for non-business students will be examined on a case-by-case basis
- At the discretion of the Chair or IS faculty, course substitutions for IST option courses may include IST 370 – Special Topics, IST 391 – Independent Study, and/or IST 393 – Independent Research
Note: Course substitutions for core IST courses for non-business students will be examined on a case-by-case basis.