Adjunct professor of management Martine Bertin-Peterson is offering resume review workshops virtually for Fall 2020. Students must sign up in advance for 50-minute timeslots. There will be no more than three students during each session. Students must cancel with at least 24-hours notice.
There are three prerequisites for attending a resume workshop:
- Email a draft copy of your resume to email@example.com at least 24 hours before the workshop.
- When emailing your resume include a link or an attachment to a job or internship posting for which you believe you are qualified and to which you would like to apply.
- Watch the following videos and be prepared to discuss the tips and techniques covered:
Below are the dates and times currently scheduled:
- August 31, 2020-December 2, 2020
- Monday, 8:00-8:50am
- Monday, 9:00-9:50am
- Wednesday, 4:00-4:50 pm
*October 13 is a cover letter session only. Please see instructions below.
Instructions for Scheduling Workshop:
- Sign in to your TCNJ Gmail account.
- Open the Calendar in your Google apps.
- Select date and start time using the available times listed above.
- Enter your full name and TCNJ email address.
- Click on “More Options” and add a guest “firstname.lastname@example.org.” You can click on the “Find A Time” tab to see if there is a conflict (if it is greyed out there is another booking).
- Click save and, when prompted, Yes to send the invite.
- This will be checked frequently throughout the day to be approved. Once approved, you will see your assigned date and time on your Google calendar.
- Your request will be denied if: 1) you request a date and/or time not listed above or 2) there are already 3 students signed up for the date/time you requested.
- Prior to the date of your workshop, you will receive the Zoom information from Professor Bertin-Peterson.
Instructions for Cover Letter Review Sessions:
- Must have previously attended a resume review workshop.
- Bring at least one hard copy of a job posting or internship posting.
- Draft cover letter
NOTE: Students who are “no shows” or do not cancel with 24-hours’ notice will not be allowed to sign up for another date for 30 days.