The WM/FP minor will require five-course units consisting of three core courses in finance and two elective courses from various fields. With the exception of the half unit Retirement Planning to be created, all courses are regularly offered. More potential topics of FIN391 in case of a program expansion, as mentioned earlier, can include Risk Management and Insurance Planning, Estate Planning, and Behavioral Finance.
The minor in WM/FP requires five-course units (20 credit hours) as follows:
Important Note. At least 2-course units for the minor must be at the 300-/400-level.
- Core Courses – students will complete the following THREE units:
- FIN 201 (.5 course unit), and one .5-unit finance course or IST 201 or MGT 201 or MKT 201 (.5 course unit, No pre-reg)
- FIN 239 (1 unit: Personal Financial Planning, No pre-req)
- FIN 310 (1 unit:Introduction to Investments, Pre-req: FIN 201 & ACC 201) OR FIN 315 (1 unit: Real Estate Finance, Pre-req: FIN 201)
- Additional Courses – Students will choose TWO units from TWO different disciplines. See the list below:
- FIN 310 or FIN 315 (1 unit: cannot be double-counted)
- FIN 391 (.5 unit: FINRA SIE) & FIN 391(.5 unit: Retirement Planning, Insurance Planning, or Estate Planning)
- FIN 340 (1 unit), FIN 370 (1 unit) or FIN 410 (1 unit)
- ACC 201 (1 unit) or ACC 401 (1 unit)
- INB 330/FIN 335 (1 unit), MKT 371 (1 unit) or MGT 317 (1 unit)
- COM 240 (1 unit), COM 242 (1 unit) or COM 377 (1 unit)
- PSY 101 (1 unit) or PSY 362 (1 unit)