Professor of Accounting & Information Systems
Phone: (609) 771-2176
Office: Business Building 229
Office Hours: Wednesday, 8:00-9:50
PhD Temple University
ACC 191: Introduction to Accounting Profession
ACC 291: Sophomore Career Planning
ACC 399: Accounting Internships
ACC 421: Auditing Theory & Practice
Faculty Advisor to Beta Alpha Psi
Area of Specialization:
Managerial Accounting Auditing
- Behavioral Accounting
- Meta Analysis
- Pedagogical Research
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Chiang, B., H. Nouri, and S. Samanta. 2014. “Predictors of Performance in an Introductory Finance Course: The Effects of Teaching Approaches in Introductory Financial Accounting.” Submitted for Publication to Accounting Education: An International Journal, 23 (1): 42-53.
- Nouri, H. and L. Kyj. 2013. “An Experimental Examination of the Effects of Decision Mode and Instrumental Commitment on Budgetary Slack Creation.” Advances in Management Accounting, 22, 223-258.
- Parker, R. and H. Nouri. 2013. “Career Growth Opportunities and Organizational Commitment in Public Accounting Firms.” The British Accounting Review, 45, 138–148.
- Nouri, H. and A. Shahid. 2012. “Why Does the US Want to Adopt IFRS?” International Journal of Economics and Accounting, 3(2), 115-132.
- Nouri, H. and C. A. Lafond. 2012. “Financial Terrorists and the Offshore Outsourcing of Tax Return Preparation.” International Journal of Critical Accounting, 4(3), 272-282.
- Parker, R., H. Nouri, and A. Hayes. 2011. “Distributive Justice, Promotion Instrumentality, and Turnover Intentions In Public Accounting Firms.” Behavioral Research in Accounting, 23(2), 169-186.
- Nouri, H. and D. Opatosky. 2010.” Celebrity Baby Photograph Donations: A Case Study in Charitable Contribution Tax Planning and Research.” Journal of Accounting Education, 28, 210-220
- Nouri, H. and D. Pannone. 2010. “The Evolution of Fair Value Accounting in the United State: A Critical Examination of Its Progress Since 1900.” International Journal of Critical Accounting, 2(2): 191-209.
- Meixner, W.F., D. Bline, D. Lowe, and H. Nouri. 2009. “An Examination of Business Student Perceptions: The Effect of Math and Communication Skill Apprehension on Choice of Major.” Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research, 12: 185-200.
- Nouri, H. and L. Liu. 2009. “The Use of the Business Balanced Scorecard in China: The Impact of Chinese Cultural and Social Context.” International Journal of Management Theory and Practices, 10(1): 22-39.
- Nouri, H. and D. Lombardi. 2009. “Auditor’s Independence: An Analysis of the Montgomery’s Auditing Textbooks in the 20th Century.” Accounting Historian Journal, 36(1): 81-112.
- Nouri, H. and A. Shahid. 2008. “Investment Returns by Investors with Accounting Knowledge: The Effect of Information Sources and Gender.” Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives, Vol. XXXIV, No. 2 (Fall/Winter): 68-77.
- Nouri, H. and A. Shahid. 2008. “The Effect of PowerPoint Lecture Notes on Student Performance and Attitudes.” The Accounting Educator’s Journal, Vol. XVIII: 103-117.
- Nouri, H. and L. Kyi. 2008. “The effect of performance feedback on prior budgetary participative research using survey methodology: An empirical study.” Critical perspective in Accounting, 19(8): 1431-1453.
- Nouri, H. April/May 2006. “A Flowchart Approach to Vehicle Donations.” National Public Accountant Magazine, 5(2):24-25.
- Nouri, H. and B. D. Clinton. 2006. “Gender, Media Presentation, and Concern with Correct Use of Words—Testing a Three-Way Interaction.” Accounting Education: An International Journal, 15(1): 61-72.
- Nouri, H. May 16, 2006. Roth 403(b): A New Educational Retirement Plan. PICPA Website, Personal Financial Planning, http://www.picpa.org/practice_areas/personal_fin_plan/articles/05160601.asp.
- Nouri, H., R. Parker, and Subarna Samanta. 2005. “Students’ Perception of Work in Public Accounting and Employment Preferences,” Accounting Education: An International Journal, 14(3):293-311.
- Nouri, H. and A. Shahid. 2005. “The Effect of PowerPoint Presentation on Student’s Learning and Attitudes.” Global Perspectives on Accounting Education, 2:53-73.
- Nouri, H. and D. Clinton. 2005. “The Effect of Gender, Mental Imagery, and PowerPoint Presentation on Student Attitudes.” Advances in Accounting Education, 7:253-275.
- Neck, C., H. Nouri, and J. Godwin. 2003. “How Self-Leadership Affects the Goal Setting Process,” Human Resource Management Review, 13: 691-707.
- Nouri., H. and R. Machinga. September 2003. “Reports for Assurance Services,” National Public Accountants (September).
- Bline, D., D. Lowe, W. Meixner, and H. Nouri. 2003. “Measurement Data on Commonly Used Scales to Measure Oral Communication and Writing Apprehension,” The Journal of Business Communication, 40(4): 266-288.
- Clinton, D. and H. Nouri. 2002. “The Effect of Product and Process Complexity on Participative Leadership Style,” Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research, 5: 161-181.
- Welsh, C., L. Kyj and H. Nouri. 2002. “First Delta Bank,” Journal of Accounting Education, 20: 249-264.
- Nouri., H. and A. Shahid. 2002. “Factors Affecting the Starting Salaries of Accounting Graduates,” National Accounting Journal (The), 3(1): 1-12.
- Nouri, H. 2002. “Marketing of Assurance Services,” National Public Accountants (September).
- Bline, D., D. Lowe, W. Meixner, H. Nouri, and K. Pearce. 2001. “A Research Note on the Dimensionality of Daly and Miller’s Writing Apprehension Scale.” Communication Monograph, 18(1): 61-79.
- Nouri, H., L. Kyj, and A. Dunk. 1999. “The Effect of Performance Reporting on Budgetary Participation: An Attribution Theory Analysis,” Advances in Management Accounting, 8: 211-223.
- Nouri, H. and K. Bird. 1999. “Matching Internal Auditors’ Tasks with Their Personality Type as assessed by The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator,” Internal Auditing, 14(4): 32-35.
- Dunk, A. and H. Nouri. 1998. “The Determinants of Budgetary Slack: A Literature Review and Synthesis,” Journal of Accounting Literature, 12: 72-96.
- Nouri, H. and R. Parker. 1998. “The Relationship Between Budget Participation and Job Performance: The Roles of Budget Adequacy and Organizational Commitment,” Accounting, Organizations and Society, 23(5/6): 467-483.
- Nouri, H. and B. Shiarappa. 1996. “An Empirical Examination of Senior Accounting Students’ Ethical Reaction to Grade Inflation,” Accounting Education: An International Journal, 5(1): 17-24.
- Nouri, H. and R. Parker. 1996. “The Effect of Organizational Commitment on the Relation Between Budgetary Participation and Budgetary Slack,” Behavioral Research in Accounting, (8):74-90.
- Nouri, H. and R. Greenberg. 1995. “Meta-Analytic Procedures for Estimation of Effect Sizes in Experiments Using Complex Analysis of Variance,” Journal of Management, 21(4):801-12.
- Greenberg, P.S., R.H. Greenberg, and H. Nouri. 1994. “Participative Budgeting: A Meta-Analytic Examination of Methodological Moderators,” Journal of Accounting Literature, (3):117-141.
- Nouri, H. 1994. “Using Organizational Commitment and Job Involvement to Predict Budgetary Slack,” Accounting, Organizations and Society, 19(3):289-295.