The School of Business at TCNJ aspires to become a premier business school amongst regional public schools, the top choice of learners seeking a business education in NJ, and the first choice of employers seeking business graduates.
We educate learners to become successful professionals and socially responsible citizens poised for positions of leadership. We contribute to the expansion of business and economics knowledge through theoretical, applied and pedagogical research, consistent with the TCNJ teacher-scholar model.
- We value high-quality teaching and research in a community that promotes lifelong learning and strives to make a positive societal impact.
- We prepare learners for a complex, technological, global, and multicultural business environment.
- We serve our community by building strong relationships with business and local entities, contributing to business and economics knowledge, and providing research and professional opportunities to our learners.
- We act in an ethical, honest manner and communicate truthfully. We accept responsibility for our actions and inactions.
- We believe the diversity of our faculty, staff, students, and alumni is an asset and are committed to listening and respecting all stakeholder voices, while continuously broadening a vibrant community.
Educate learners to become successful professionals and socially responsible citizens.
- Enhance undergraduate and graduate education to continually improve high quality and innovative academic experience.
- Prepare for and implement utilization of changing technology.
- Prepare learners to succeed in a global and multicultural environment.
- Expand graduate educational opportunities.
- Provide additional learner internships and career planning experiences.
Continuous Improvement in Scholarly Activities and Faculty/Staff Development
Contribute to the expansion of business and economic knowledge in the surrounding region and act as community thought leaders in innovation.
- Enhance theoretical, applied, and pedagogical research.
- Ensure that all faculty and staff have opportunities and resources for development and advancement.
External Relationships with broad range of TCNJ Constituents
Maintain and deepen mutually beneficial relationships with School of Business constituents.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships that have an impact on external stakeholders (i.e. business, alumni, professional groups, parents).
- Examine Signature Experience programs that interconnect learners and external stakeholders.
Diversity and Inclusion
We support a safe environment where all are heard and respected. We aspire to determine opportunities for growth with respect to diversity and inclusion in the School of Business.
- Develop a diversity and inclusion plan for the School of Business.
- We strive to hire and retain a diverse group of highly qualified faculty and staff.
- We will embrace diversity and inclusivity within our learners’ undergraduate and graduate programs.