Assistant Professor of Accounting & Information Systems
Phone: (609) 771-2111
Office: Business Building 126
Office Hours: Monday & Thursday, 2:00-3:20pm
PhD, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, PhD Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (China)
Ting Sun received her PhD in Accounting Information Systems from Rutgers University – School of Business, and PhD in Accounting from Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in China. Dr. Sun is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at The College of New Jersey’s School of Business. Prior to joining The College of New Jersey, she was an assistant professor of accounting at Nanjing Audit University (China). Dr. Sun’s research interests include financial reporting, audit data analytics, artificial Intelligence, deep learning, audit judgment support, and audit risk assessment.
- ACC 201, 202
- Sun, T. and Vasarhelyi, M.A. Predicting Credit Card delinquencies: An Application of Deep Neural Networks. Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance & Management. Forthcoming.
- Sun, T. and Sales, L.J. 2018. Predicting Public Procurement Irregularity: An Application of Neural Networks. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting: Spring 15 (1): 141-154.
- Sun, T. and Vasarhelyi, M.A. 2018. Embracing Textual Data Analytics in Auditing with Deep Learning. International Journal of Digital Accounting Research. 18: 49-67.
- Sun. T. 2018. The Incremental Informativeness of the Sentiment of Conference Calls for Internal Control Material Weaknesses. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting: Spring 15 (1): 11-27.
- Sun, T. and Vasarhelyi, M.A., 2017. Deep Learning and the Future of Auditing: How an Evolving Technology Could Transform Analysis and Improve Judgment. CPA Journal, 87(6).
- Hussein I., T. Sun, and M. A. Vasarhelyi. 2016. Research Ideas for Artificial Intelligence in Auditing: The Formalization of Audit and Workforce Supplementation. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting. Fall 13 (2): 1-20.
- Sun, T., M. Alles, and M. A. Vasarhelyi. 2014. Adopting Continuous Auditing: A Cross-Sectional Comparison between China and the United States. Managerial Auditing Journal.30 (2): 176-204.