Dr. Hossein Nouri, professor of accounting and information systems, recently shared his expertise on establishing credit with WalletHub. The article affords readers five steps to keep in mind when starting to establish credit:
- See if you have a credit report.
- Open a starter credit card.
- Use your credit card responsibly for 6+ months.
- Check your credit report and score often.
- Build and improve your credit.
Dr. Nouri along with a panel of experts were asked a series of questions related to establishing credit, including what is the biggest mistake people can make when establishing credit history. His reply, “not paying the minimum, or not paying the whole balance by the due dates.” Read the full article and interview here.