The February Business Leaders Talk, Write Like You Mean Business, will take place on Wednesday, March 6, 6:00pm in the Business Building Lounge. Join fellow students, alumni, and faculty for a content writing workshop and panel discussion on the importance of writing in business. This event is open to all. Refreshments will be provided.
2015 alumnus Darrel D. Frater will begin the event with the workshop, “Creative Writing: Telling the Story of Your Business.” In this presentation, Frater will discuss the important role content writing can play in your business or company of employment. With the rise in content marketing, content writers are in high demand. This is a skill that can bring a lot of value to an organization. You interact with written content everyday in a variety of forms: blog posts, social media posts, video and audio recordings, podcasts, web pages, white papers, and more. Attendees will learn how to harness this powerful business tool and utilize it in unique ways within your professional life.
A multistakeholder panel discussion will follow the workshop. Participants include (check back for updates):
- Dr. Kevin Michels, Professor of Marketing & Interdisciplinary Business, Director, Center for Innovation & Ethics (moderator)
- Samantha DiGrande ’17, Assistant Editor, Michael J. Hennessy Associates Inc
- Darrel D. Frater ’15, Early Stage Startup Adviser
- Dr. Susanna Monseau, Professor of Marketing & Interdisciplinary Business
- Nina Ringer, Director of Writing, The College of New Jersey
This event is open to all TCNJ students. Refreshments will be provided. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.