The School of Business CEO Peer Mentors have offered some words of advice and encouragement so everyone can start off on the right foot. Learn more about the CEO Peer Mentors, here.
Nicholas Agresti ’19, Economics
- One piece of advice that I have for freshmen is to seek out a mentor as early as possible. Making yourself coachable is an excellent way to learn more about an industry and network.
Emily Bowen ’19, Open Options Business
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. If you don’t understand something talk to your professor, they will be more than willing to help you. Also, don’t be afraid to email or contact your professors as well.
- Take time to adjust to your new environment. For some, it will be an easy transition, for others, not so much. Go at your own pace.
- Utilize the resources that are available to you. Whether it be a librarian, someone in the Career Center, or Mary Lehr-Furtado–everyone on this campus is here to help you succeed.
- Try to maintain a school work/life balance. Be sure you’re allotting time to study or complete assignments, but also remember to set aside time to relax.
- Be kind to one another, and be open to new friendships everywhere you go on campus.
Antonio Carollo ’20, Accounting
- Be ambitious! TCNJ offers many opportunities for business students including business fraternities, clubs, and organizations! These organizations not only help you gain experience in your field, but you can also meet so many amazing people!
Kaelyn DiGiamrino ’18, Marketing
- The School of Business offers so many opportunities, but it’s up to you to take them! Step out of your comfort zone, make the most of every experience, and get to know your professors! It’s the relationships you build that create the most invaluable opportunities.
Victoria Mauriello ’19, Management
- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone! Everyone wants to make friends, so yes, go talk to that person on the other side of the room and introduce yourself!
Kyle Rice ’20, Finance
- The advice that I have offered to my mentees is to take advantage of all that TCNJ offers (great people and awesome resources) by pushing yourselves outside your comfort zone and getting involved, which are key to enjoying your journey and achieving your potential.
Nicole Tampone ’20, Open Options Business
- Do not be afraid to put yourself out there! Try something out of your comfort zone and take in every opportunity you get!