At the School of Business, WE RENEW OUR COMMITMENT TO:
- Treat every individual with dignity, respect, kindness, compassion, equality, and civility.
- Listen to your voice. You will be heard.
- Demonstrate empathy for others.
- Accept the differences in others.
- Respect others’ viewpoints.
- Show care to maintain a safe environment for all.
- Speak up when we see something inconsistent with our Code of Conduct because silence may otherwise allow hatred, racism, or violence.
Not sure what you can do?
- Pay attention and hold yourself accountable to your language, attitude, and demeanor toward others.
- Read a book or watch a movie about a topic that challenges your personal biases.
- Attend training about cultural awareness to understand differences between yourself and others.
- Celebrate cultural diversity, the condition of being different.
- Examine your own values, beliefs, and perceptions about others.
- Visit the TCNJ Division of Equity and Inclusion website for events/information.
- Access the Bias Response Team, a mediation/intervention service that addresses bias/acts of hate through restorative justice dialogue.
- Multiple sites allow you to self-assess your biases, ex: https://www.tolerance.org/professional-development/test-yourself-for-hidden-bias